The 2019-2020 program year was unprecedented given the challenges of navigating the COVID-19 global pandemic. Although we were unable to complete all scheduled programming due to school closures, we were able to complete all Success Sessions and a portion of our Leadership Series. Below is a summary of program highlights including survey results from the Success Sessions.
PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS (2019-20)
- Hosted eight Success Sessions at UT-Dallas reaching more than 1,000 students
- Completed two scheduled Leadership Series before ending due to school closures
- Delivered programming to 28 North-Texas area school campuses, representing seven school districts
- Engaged 25 business and community leaders as panelists
- Produced outstanding student survey results (see below)
- Welcomed Lewisville ISD to our list of school partners
SURVEY RESULTS (2019-20)Student survey results demonstrate greater awareness and internalization of our success pillars and value of leadership attributes. Success Session: 2019-2020 Compelling Why Pre/Post survey with students responding either “Strongly Agree” or “Agree” to the following statements:
- 87%: “I feel more motivated to succeed in school.”
- 89%: “I understand that my success in school is up to me.”
- 88%: “I understand the value of participating in extracurricular activities.”
- 84%: I “learned about,” “considered joining,” or “signed up or gave my information” to a school or community-based organization.
- 87%: “This event [Success Session] has had a positive impact on my attitude toward education.”
- 86%: “I will recommend this event [Success Session] to my friends.”