About The Compelling Why
The Compelling Why (CW) is a nonprofit corporation established to ignite the passion in every young person to create their best reality by:
- Reaching underserved “students of promise” in need of academic and life skill support
- Directing them to school- and community-based education and youth service providers and resources
- Preparing them to access postsecondary college and career training options
- Increasing the number of students enrolled in academic and life-skill enrichment programs
- Raising their awareness of the value of education
Measurably increase the number of traditionally under-served students enrolled in academic and life skill enrichment programs in their schools and communities by increasing students’ perceived value of education; encouraging personal responsibility; and igniting the self-motivation to maximize their potential.
The Compelling Why benefits from the work and passion of our board of directors and more than 50 volunteers, including professionals from various parts of the business world, as well as university staff and students.