About The Compelling Why
"The Compelling Why believes that with the right motivation and opportunity all students can create their best reality."
The Compelling Why (CW) is a nonprofit corporation established to ignite the passion in every young person to create their best reality by:
- Reaching underserved "students of promise" in need of academic support
- Directing them to school- and community-based education and youth service providers and resources
- Preparing them to access postsecondary college and career training options
- Increasing the number of students enrolled in academic and life-skill enrichment programs
- Raising their awareness of the value of education
Business and community leaders serve as catalysts and role models who drive action during one-day moderated discussions primarily with African American and Hispanic middle and high school "students of promise." Immediately following the seminar, students attend an "Opportunity Fair" where they interface directly with representatives from featured school- and community-based organizations. The goal of the day is to have students understand the importance of:
- personal responsibility
- active engagement
All youth have the opportunity to access academic and college preparation resources that allow them to create their best reality.
Measurably increase the number of traditionally underserved students enrolled in academic enrichment programs in their schools and communities. Increase students' perceived value of education to encourage personal responsibility and the required self-motivation to maximize their potential.